Malory is a Registered Counselling Therapist – Candidate (RCT-C) with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists.
She believes in a compassionate approach to therapy where you have a safe space to feel heard, supported, and understood.
In counselling, I offer non-judgmental and supportive listening, coping skills for sitting with difficult thoughts and emotions, a place to practice setting boundaries that protect your time and energy, help to identify needs, guidance on how to heal from past wounds, another perspective on what you are going through, and a secure and trusting relationship.
Through our counselling relationship, I hope you will feel more grounded in your body, better able to notice and let go of unhelpful thoughts, more aware of and connected to your emotions, empowered to take actions that align with your values, needs, and dreams, and gain perspective on your place in the larger world, universe, and beyond.
I am WPATH-trained and able to write letters of readiness for gender-affirming hormones and surgeries in Nova Scotia. I follow the current policies outlined in the WPATH Standards of Care (version 8) however I also advocate for an informed consent model of gender-affirmative care that reduces gatekeeping and barriers to medical treatment.
- Registered Counselling Therapist – Candidate (RCT-C) – Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT), 2020
- Master of Education in Counselling (MEd) – Acadia University, 2020
- Master of Arts in Film Studies (MA) – Concordia University, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts in Film and Media (BA)– Queen’s University, 2010
Recent Training and Professional Development
- Advanced Somatic Techniques for Mental Health Professionals – Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association, 2023
- BDSM: Working with Kinky Clients – Westland Academy of Clinical Sex Therapy, 2023.
- Sexual Consent & Communication – Westland Academy of Clinical Sex Therapy, 2023
- Re-Imagining Care: A 2SLGBTQIA+ Summit for Service Providers – The Youth Project, 2022
- Gender-Affirming Care: Surgical Readiness & Aftercare – Community-Based Resource Centre & prideHealth Nova Scotia, 2022
- Gender-Affirming Hormone Prescription Training for Healthcare Providers – Community-Based Resource Centre & prideHealth Nova Scotia, 2022
- An Intercultural Approach to Gender-Based Violence Prevention with Newcomer Communities – Colchester Sexual Assault Centre, 2021
- KAIROS Blanket Exercise – Colchester Sexual Assault Centre, 2021
- Ally is a Verb: Africentric Ally Training – Colchester Sexual Assault Centre, 2021
- Integrated Care for Gender Dysphoric, Gender Non-Binary, and Transgender Children into Adulthood – Dalhousie University Department of Psychiatry Trans Health Symposium, 2021
- Foundations: 5 Day Narrative Therapy Practice Training – Vancouver School For Narrative Therapy, 2021
Click here for a full list of Malory’s training and professional development.